The First Tee of Pittsburgh is looking for individuals or groups that can assist with the positions described below. The ideal candidates are enthusiastic, energetic, and passionate about the work that they do for the benefit of the participants and the organization. Each position below plays an intricate role in the success of the organization.
- Lead Coach: assist staff in the delivering The First Tee Life Skills Experience by creating lesson plans, communicating information to assist coaches, and implementing Good Better How feedback procedures after each lesson and each session. A lead coach must have attended a minimum of 2 staff lead coach trainings as well as a National Assistant Coach Training put on by the Home Office. A Lead Coach is expected to administer The First Tee Life Skills Experience to at least one group or open session clinic per year as well as assist with another group or open clinic session per year.
- Assistant Coach: assist staff in delivering The First Tee Life Skill Experience and attends coach training put on by The First Tee of Pittsburgh staff. Assistant coaches are asked to commit to one day a week during open clinic sessions and also fill in when available
- Database Manager: computer data entry of participant, volunteer, and community relation records and updates pertinent chapter information for Home Office and community relations. The database manager is expected to update the data a minimum of every other week.
- Equipment Manager: organize and sort donated equipment, discard unfit equipment, and maintain and arrange equipment for distribution to participants at least once a week.
- Greeter: registers participants, hands information to parents, greets visitors, answers phone and provide general program information
- Logistics Coordinator: set up facility according to lesson plan, procure necessary equipment for each station, ensure a safe learning environment, assist with transition between stations and bathroom breaks during class, break down stations and cleans up facility following class
- Membership Coordinator: contacts new participants by phone and welcomes them to the program, answers general questions regarding program, makes follow up calls for special events and registration for participant opportunities.
- Special Events Assistant: assist the staff with the planning, organization, outreach, and day of logistics for fundraisers and friendraisers that support The First Tee Pittsburgh